Birmingham Buildings

Birmingham Stock Exchange – Margaret Street

Birmingham Stock Exchange, Margaret Street / Great Charles Street

Birmingham Stock Exchange, Margaret Street / Great Charles Street

Due to Birmingham’s flurishing industry and growing reputation as a centre of commerce, a regional Birmingham Stock Exchange was setup in 1845 through the Birmingham Stock Exchange Association which met in a variety of venues in the City Centre before coming to rest in the building that is seen above in 1928, the year of its building during the City’s Art Nouvea architectural period.

In 1971 the Birmingham Stock Exchange, along with other regional exchanges, was absorbed into the London Stock Exchange and the organisation became a token extension of that organisation until the late 1980s.

The financial theme has been preserved however, with the building curently occupied by EFG Private Bank Limited and their stockbroking division EFG Harris Allday.

Discussion

No comments for “Birmingham Stock Exchange – Margaret Street”

Post a comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.